Please read instructions carefully and follow Rubric at the 100% Level
Speech and Language Development
Speech and language development is integral for future learning success. It is the educators’ responsibility to recognize milestones in learning and to differentiate developmental delays from learning English as a second language. Early intervention, especially in hearing and sight, leads to higher likelihood of success in the students’ education.
In a 1,000-1,250 word essay, address the following related to the speech and language development of children:
- Briefly discuss development of written language and spoken language.
- Describe how developmental delays or disabilities can affect children’s speech and language development.
- Describe how culture, family background, and bilingual language development can affect children’s speech and language development.
- Describe three strategies that can be used to enhance children’s speech and language development.
- Provide an example of how the three strategies described above could be modified to address the unique needs of ESL students and students with speech impairments.
Support your essay with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide