1st part (about 400 wards):
Quality and safety in health organization
What: identify and explain the term (Quality and safety) Including Studies or statistics.
Why: Importance of quality and safety in health organisation and the impacts of low quality on organization and patient. Give brief examples showing the
importance of Quality in health organisation.
How: Measures that helps in achieving improved quality and safety in health organization. Such as incident reporting and complains.
• Link between part 1 and 2 (one sentence)
There are numbers of models that are used to improve quality and safety in any health institution. Donalabedian (1988) model (structure, process, outcome) is one
2nd part (already written by 220977).
• Define and explain structure, process, outcome.
• Explain process and outcome data with giving examples.
• Who and why to collect such data.
• Methods to collect process data.
• Importance of such data in health organisation.
This part has been already addressed in the previous order # 81259563
(Use of Process and Outcome Data in Delivery of Safe and Quality Health Care)
Can you please read it to have an idea about process and outcome data, which will be illustrated by the example in the 3ed part.
3rd part (about 1250 wards)
Use an example to demonstrate your understanding of the application of process and outcome data to provide safe, high quality nursing care in health institutions.
1- Start by illustrating that (patient fall in hospital), as an adverse event of health care, will be used as an example to demonstrate your understanding of the
application of process and outcome data to improve quality and safety in health organisation.
2- Define fall and discuss possible consequences such as injury and disability
• 3- Identify statistics about incidence of falls in Australia
4- Analyse and audit outcome data of falls, and explore its impacts on:
– Organisation (eg Inefficiency, increased length of patient stay, bed blocking, increased costs of hospitalisation, possible court claim)
– Patient: (eg prolonging of illness, complications, longer hospital stay, financial costs, psychological costs)
– State: (eg Decreased productivity of the individual if they remain hospitalised and are unable to work, increased costs if client/patient a pensioner)
Discuss the possible cause of the adverse event (fall) that may be related to the delivery of care
Discuss how you would get the process data to identify what the cause is to this adverse event
5- Explain how, both (process & outcome) data of this example (fall), were collected, who collect it, and what are different method of collecting it, for example,
observational and retrospective methods.
6- Then, analyse and audit the process data of this particular example (fall) and how to use these data in addressing this adverse event by applying standards of
care and strategies to minimise its risk. (An example of the process data in fall is using preventative measure such as “falls risk assessment, importance of
7- Use studies, statistics and current literature to support your topics