Using the nursing theory Florence Nightingale Environmental Theory of Nursing which consists of …….., identify an area of interest in nursing, locate examples of the theory’s application and utilization in practice. Additionally, opportunities for enhancement of existing nursing environments by utilization of theory application will be addressed.
The paper should be no more than 10 typewritten pages, using appropriate APA format.
Theory Usage and Application Paper –
You will describe a nursing theory and its application to nursing practice. This paper should be no more than 10 pages long. It should coincide with the theory presentation that you have submitted( Florence Nightingale Environmental Theory of Nursing ). The focus of this paper is on the application of theory to nursing practice. A brief description of the components of the theory should be presented in this paper, however, since this should be done in your presentation the focus here will be on application. The proposed guidelines are based on Chinn and Kramer (2004).
APA format please use resources within the last 5 years
Components of the theory
• Major concepts of theory
• Philosophical basis/underpinnings; worldview
• Conceptual model (if available)
Structural aspects of the theory (including but not limited to)
• Assumptions, theorems, propositions, etc.
• relations of concepts and assumptions
• clarity, simplicity, and ease of application of theory
• consistency and adequacy of theory
Use of theory in:
• nursing practice
• nursing education
• nursing administration
• nursing research
A literature review will provide the basis for this section
Identify an area of your practice where this theory could be applicable.
• The area may be used to theory test, theory generate, etc.
• What is the question that the theory will help to answer?
• Describe the area of interest in relation to the theory/theoretical model. Why or how is it appropriate to use this theory.
• Discuss the use of theory in pursuing this area of interest. What are the steps /methods that you might use?
• Are there weaknesses in this theory that make it difficult to use in real situations? If so, what are they?
Evaluation of theory – your thoughts about the theory
• How “user friendly” is the theory?
• What are some of the difficulties you encountered or would you anticipate you might encounter in trying to use this theory.
• What would make this theory more usable or applicable to practice, and why?
ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED