This is achieved with 4–5 strong paragraphs for Main Posts.
The work of educational leaders concerns, in part, enhancing the skills and knowledge of the people in the organization. One way leaders can accomplish this task is to create a widespread culture that accepts the use of those skills and knowledge. The culture within the environment of an educational institution is extremely important for carrying out change.
Focus your discussion on the following:
- What can an educational administrator do to affect the culture for change (readiness for change) in an educational institution?
- What are the criteria or characteristics of an organization that can be used to measure this readiness?
- How can an administrator observe and report on the state of preparedness for organizational changes that will affect culture?
Educational administrators play a variety of roles including the following:
- Administrator as an entrepreneur
- Administrator as an organizer
- Administrator as an instructional leader
Answer the following questions on the administrator role:
- What are the issues and potential obstacles that can block successful adaptation to change, as the administrator takes each role?
- What things can an administrator do to help insure that change takes place smoothly?
Use the full-text databases in the AIU Library and other peer-reviewed resources for your research. Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
For more information on APA, please visit the APA Lab.
In your own words, post a substantive response to the Discussion Board question(s) and comment on other postings. Your response should address the DB question(s) and move the conversation forward. You will be graded on the quality of your postings, including mastery of the concept as well as critical thinking. If asked for your opinion, do not simply state that it is a good or bad idea; elaborate on your reasons and argument. Include enough detail to substantiate your thinking as well as your position on the questions or comments.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.