Critical Factors in Implementing an IT System in Health Facilities
i need a full six page paper not counting reference page. 4 to 6 sentence per paragraph with at least 5 quality references.
1. Provide at least three (3) various reasons why some health care organizations have been reluctant to implement electronic medical records.
2. Discuss the essential manner in which the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) impacts patient’s medical records.
3. Determine the main advantages and disadvantages of the adoption of The HITECH (the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act for health care professionals. Next, suggest one (1) strategy that the medical staff members could use in order to mitigate the main disadvantages in question.
4. Review the typical workflow processes within health organizations, and decide the single most significant process that the health organization must eliminate in order to improve the service. Provide a rationale to support your response.
5. Analyze the primary ways in which the key federal initiatives impact the standards of health care information for patient privacy, safety, and confidentially.
6. Specify the fundamental advantages of applying an IT system within health care organizations. Predict new IT developments in the health care industry for the next two (2) decades. Justify your response.
Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
—————————————————————————————————————–*The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Examine the impact technologies have on health care information systems.
Examine the systems development life cycle of a custom application and the selection of proprietary systems.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics.