Utilize the required readings for this module and access http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/ to write a short paper (2-3 pages) addressing the following items in particular:
- Describe the County Health Rankings.
- At the County Health Ranking’s Web page, click on the “search by county, state, or topic” area.
- Search for “Orange, CA” information.
- Identify Orange County, California’s ranking under “Health Behaviors”.
- Identify percentages of 4 health behaviors listed under Orange County.
- Search for your Local County and State where you currently live.
- Briefly summarize findings about your local county and state’s health outcomes (example: to length of life, quality of life, and health behaviors).
- In your own words, define “risk factors” and provide examples of risk factors for health behaviors you identified in #2 above. Be sure to cite a reference even though you used your own words.
- Research and identify another source of data for health behaviors (e.g., national database or tracking system).
Concepts and Theories of Health Behavior Required Reading Association of State and Territorial Public Health Nutrition Directors. (2006). Conduct a community assessment: Chapter overview. Accessed from Moving to the Future website: HYPERLINK “http://www.movingtothefuture.org/story_read.php?sid=d1871c&story_id=157&chapter_id=12&origin1=chapter_contents” t “_blank” http://www.movingtothefuture.org/story_read.php?sid=d1871c&story_id=157&chapter_id=12&origin1=chapter_contents Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2014). The behavioral risk factor surveillance system. Retrieved from HYPERLINK “http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/about/” t “_blank” http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/about/ Glanz, K. (n.d.) Social and behavioral theories. Retrieved from HYPERLINK “http://www.esourceresearch.org/eSourceBook/SocialandBehavioralTheories/1LearningObjectives/tabid/724/Default.aspx” t “_blank” http://www.esourceresearch.org/eSourceBook/SocialandBehavioralTheories/1LearningObjectives/tabid/724/Default.aspx. Also available as pdf at HYPERLINK “http://www.esourceresearch.org/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Public/Glanz_FullChapter.pdf” t “_blank” http://www.esourceresearch.org/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Public/Glanz_FullChapter.pdf Glanz, K., Rimer, B.K., & Viswanath, K. (Eds.) (2008). HYPERLINK “https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi92pDxvfDNAhXEZCYKHSrBDWYQFghHMAU&url=http%3a%2f%2friskybusiness.web.unc.edu%2ffiles%2f2015%2f01%2fHealth-Behavior-and-Health-Education.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFh0mgPJUKMUFszilVn7mJKdk-vQg” t “_blank” Health behavior and health education: Theory, research, and practice (4th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (2016). County health rankings & roadmaps. Retrieved from HYPERLINK “http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/” t “_blank” http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute