Assignment 1: Discussion—Capacity-Building; Sustainability; and School Health
Using the Internet, the South University Online Library, or any other resource, find an example of a school health program engaged in capacity-building or sustainability.
Respond to the following:
- Describe engagement in capacity-building or sustainability.
- Briefly describe a school health promotion program. How might such a program be funded? What steps might be used to enhance the sustainability of the program?
Be sure to support your statements with scholarly references.
Respond to the items using the lessons and vocabulary found in the suggested sources. Support your answers with examples and research. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. It should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources. Make sure all references are cited in APA format. References should be current at least within the last 5 years. Remember that references should be used to support your peer responses.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by analyzing each response for completeness and accuracy and by suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
You should have:
- Explained engagement in capacity-building or sustainability.
- Described a school health promotion program and explained how such a program could be funded.
- Identified steps to enhance the sustainability of the program.
- Concluded your discussion with insights about capacity-building and sustainability.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasonings