This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO2 Demonstrate leadership strategies that promote safety and improve quality in nursing practice and increase collaboration with other disciplines when planning patient-centered care within systems-based practice. (PO 2)
- CO7 Compare and contrast the professional nursing roles for ADN/diploma through PhD/DNP prepared nurses in providing cost-effective, quality healthcare in structured and unstructured systems. (PO 7)
Select one of the AACN BSN Essentials and elaborate on its meaning and importance in your own future professional nursing practice.
In your post (intended to provide a clear and thorough answer), be sure to
- identify the AACN BSN Essential that you have selected by name and number.
- explain why you selected this Essential.
- explain how this Essential will be used to improve quality in your future professional nursing career.
For your response to a classmate to further develop that person’s ideas, select at least one classmate who has written about a different AACN BSN Essential from the one you selected.
NOTE: The Week 8 Discussion page closes on Saturday of Week 8. All Week 8 posts are due by Saturday, the last day of the term.
Search entries or author Filter replies by unreadUnread Collapse replies Expand replies
- Collapse SubdiscussionMARY Ann ZEISLERMARY Ann ZEISLERMar 31, 2018Mar 31 at 11:53amManage Discussion EntryHello Class,This week’s lesson is a great way to wrap up our 8 weeks together! Thinking about the AACN BSN Essentials and how it works in your professional role as a nurse truly helps to clarify the direction you see your nursing career going. In addition to the question above, please consider the question below:1. Which of the Essentials do you see as not impacting your future practice? Why?Thank you for all your hard work over these past 8 weeks – I have truly appreciated the contributions each and every one of you have meed and wish you the best of luck!Mary Ann Reply