Instructions: 2 pages of content please, APA Formart, references within the text ; include a references page please.
Due 09/012/2018 at 1400Hrs: Sept 12th:
Please touch on all points (A through D):
To prepare for this course’s Practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum journal:
· a).Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences. Include a description of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of working with children and how these strengths and weaknesses might impact your Practicum experience.
· b).Select and explain a nursing theory to guide your practice with pediatric patients.
· c).Based on your strengths, weaknesses, and theory of nursing practice, develop goals and objectives for the Practicum experience in this course. Be sure to consider the NAPNAP Position Statement on Age Parameters for Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Practice from this week’s Learning Resources.
· d).Create a timeline of Practicum activities based on your Practicum requirements.
Due 09/12/2018 at 1400Hrs: Sept 12th:
Please touch on all points (1 through 4): Instructions: 2 pages of content please, APA Formart, references within the text ; include a references page please.
Reflect on a pediatric patient who presented with a 1).growth and development or psychosocial issue during your Practicum experience.2). Describe your experience in assessing and managing the patient and his or her family.3). Include details of your “aha” moment in identifying the patient’s growth and development or psychosocial issue. 4).Then, explain how the experience connected your classroom studies to the real-world clinical setting.
Week 3:SOAP NOTE: Due September 12th
Use Formart for SOAP note that you did for me last semester on 13th July 2018:
Assignment: Practicum –SOAP Note
In addition to Journal Entries, SOAP Note submissions are a way to reflect on your Practicum experiences and connect these experiences to your classroom experience. SOAP Notes, such as the ones required in this course, are often used in clinical settings to document patient care. Please refer to this week’s Learning Resources for guidance on writing SOAP Notes.
Select a patient who you examined during the last 3 weeks.
Use a pediatric (child) patient example and diagnosis:
With this patient in mind, address the following in a SOAP Note:
· Subjective: What details did the patient or parent provide regarding the personal and medical history? Include any discrepancies between the details provided by the child and details provided by the parent, as well as possible reasons for these discrepancies.
· Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment? Include pertinent positive and negative physical exam findings. Describe whether the patient presented with any growth and development or psychosocial issues.
· Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
· Plan: What was your plan for diagnostics and primary diagnosis? What was your plan for treatment and management? Include pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments, alternative therapies, and follow-up parameters, as well as a rationale for this treatment and management plan.
· Reflection notes: What was your “aha” moment? What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?