Comprehensive analysis for Healthcare system in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Develop title page.
- table of contents.
- purpose of the report.
- a detailed description of the geographic area and population of the health system in Pittsburgh
- Discuss the major social determinants of health that affect the health and well-being of individuals and the population including environment, lifestyle, heredity; examine health status and health risks.
- discuss and list measures of physical health (mortality, morbidity, longevity, disability); demographic changes; measures of utilization; access to care.
- Describe health system financing, insurance providers, health care expenditures, sources of funding, Medicare, Medicaid, a discussion on payer mix of providers, managed care, etc.
- Describe the continuum of care addressing prevention, public health, behavioral-social services, ambulatory care, hospital, long term care, mental health, end-of-life care, rehabilitation, health services for special populations, and integrated organizations.
- Describe system resources to include health workforce and health technology.
- Describe system outcomes including patient safety, quality of health, health policy, reducing medical errors, etc.
- List and describe the impact of the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- Describe efforts related to public health and population based healthcare; community needs assessment; and other special initiatives.
- Describe the development of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH), other relevant external forces affecting healthcare deliver.
- List and describe forces of health reforms, market consolidations, mergers, acquisitions, bundled payments, funded research, value based healthcare, etc.
- Describe and discuss issues of social justice, equitable distribution of health care, health care ethics, cultural beliefs and values, and Healthy People 2020 initiatives.
Your professional paper must reflect graduate level work, writing skills, research efforts, critical thinking and analysis. The report must be typed and double spaced. You must use headings and subheadings as you develop your systems framework. The paper must be clear and concise with no spelling or grammar errors. You will use the publication style of theAmerican Psychological Association, Publication Manual of APA, 6thedition, 2009. All sections of the paper must be submitted for examination by the due dates so designated. Your completed paper should not exceed 50 pages