Assignment 2: Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation and Patient Case Presentation
Photo Credit: Pexels
For this Assignment, you will document information about a patient that you examined during the last 3 weeks, using the Comprehensive Psychiatric Template provided. You will then use this note to develop and record a case presentation for this patient. Be sure to incorporate any feedback you received on your Week 3 and Week 6 case presentations into this final presentation for the course.
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide. Also review the Kaltura Media Uploader resource in the left-hand navigation of the classroom for help creating your self-recorded Kaltura video.
· Select a patient that you examined during the last 3 weeks who presented with a disorder for which you have not already conducted an evaluation in Weeks 3 or 6. (For instance, if you selected a patient with OCD in Week 6, you must choose a patient with another type of disorder for this week.) Conduct a Psychiatric Evaluation on this patient using the template provided in the Learning Resources. There is also a completed exemplar document in the so that you can see an example of the types of information a completed evaluation document should contain. All psychiatric evaluations must be signed, and each page must be initialed by your Preceptor. When you submit your document, you should include the complete Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation as a Word document, as well as a PDF/images of each page that is initialed and signed by your Preceptor. You must submit your document using SafeAssign. Please Note: Electronic signatures are not accepted. If both files are not received by the due date, Faculty will deduct points per the Walden Late Policies.
· Then, based on your evaluation of this patient, develop a video case presentation that includes chief complaint; history of present illness; any pertinent past psychiatric, substance use, medical, social, family history; most recent mental status exam; and current psychiatric diagnosis including differentials that were ruled out.
· Include at least five (5) scholarly resources to support your assessment and diagnostic reasoning.
· Ensure that you have the appropriate lighting and equipment to record the presentation
Be succinct in your presentation, and do not exceed 8 minutes. Address the following:
· Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding their personal and medical history? What are their symptoms of concern? How long have they been experiencing them, and what is the severity? How are their symptoms impacting their functioning?
· Objective: What observations did you make during the interview and review of systems?
· Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three (3) possible diagnoses. List them from highest to lowest priority. What was your , and why?
· Reflection notes: What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?