I’m working on a business discussion question and need support to help me study.
Writing a Letter of Intent or a Letter of Interest (LOI)
Most grants require a letter of intent (LOI), a letter of inquiry (LOI), or a letter of interest (LOI). This initial contact or cover page introduces you to the funder. It serves much like a cover page for a job application. You want it to be precise, but detailed enough to gain the reader’s interest.
For your initial post to this discussion, write a one-page letter of interest that meets the following criteria:
- Use the format you would use for a formal letter.
- Address the letter to a specific funder.
- In the first paragraph: Introduce who you are as an organization, what grant you are applying for, and the amount of money you are requesting. Provide a short description of your project and how it is a good fit for the funding and the funder.
- In the second paragraph: Include a short history of your organization, the target population you serve, your geographic location, and some information or statistics about the successes of your programs.
- In the third paragraph: Identify objectives and outcomes for the program the grant will fund. Describe the primary activities that will be conducted. Explain how your organization or partners will support the initiative.
- Finally, include your program goal along with your contact information.
- End with a formal signature.